You are invited to participate in a focus group consultation with women-led entrepreneurs and professional service providers in the management consulting sector (Including international development consultants).
Registration has been extended to January 25, 2019
Dates: December 13- 29, 2018
Time: 10:00 am – 11: 30: am | 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm | 2:00 pm – 3: 3:30 pm | 12:00 noon – 1:30 pm | 5:00 pm – 6: 30 pm (SAST)
Time Commitment: 45 mins to 1 ½ hours
Location: To be provided by Email upon receipt of R.S.V.P.
Participation: South Africa
- To identify what factors, influence the decision of leaders of South African women-led management consulting businesses to sell their services abroad (Internationalize).
- To better understand the pathways and process they use to service markets or customers who are not residents of South Africa.
- To find out how local, diaspora, and other foreign networks influence and accelerate the internationalization process of small and medium sized management consulting firms in South Africa.
- To better understand the role of networks in increasing available financing, by-passing geographic border restrictions, firm capacity in terms of human capital, and technology.
- To determine what role if any networks play in helping with market and customer identification, size of earnings, and the growth trajectory of sales.
- From the discussions we also hope to learn about the role of other foreign and local networks in facilitating internationalization and the scaling-up of the born global firms versus born-again global firms (Those business who intended to export since inception versus those who decided to benefit from exporting at a later stage in the life of the organization).
The consultations are a part of a larger research that is intended to provide new knowledge and important insights into the process of internationalization. It also aims to understand the impact of networks (including diaspora connections, suppliers, partners, customers, and other social connections) on the process and outcomes of internationalization among women-led management consulting firms in South Africa.
It is our hope that the findings will inform decision-making for improving the support given to entrepreneurs as well as to help women entrepreneurs to take actions for accelerating the pace of growth of their businesses.
To compensate you for your time, we will provide you with a copy of the research finding. And a chance to win a free pass to one of our upcoming educational events.
Confidentiality: Please note that your name and any identifying information you share with us will be kept confidential. Your responses will be summarized along with other responses and used collectively to help guide decision-making. No names or identifying information will be used when compiling this information.
Privacy: Your contact information will not be shared with third-parties, nor will it be used for sharing marketing or other related information.
Participation in the stakeholder engagements are by invitation only. Please indicate your interest to receive an invitation, if selected to participate. Please R.S.V.P. by December 18th to participate in a meeting between December 13th and 18th, or to coordinate attendance by a designee, by contacting Meegan Scott at email@example.com or by calling 1(647) 854-5323.
Thank you in advance for including your full name, Email contact, business or services offered, country and city in which your business is located. Links to company or professional web sites are also welcome.
Facilitator: Meegan Scott
Magate Wildhorse Ltd